The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Arts and culture are big business in New Mexico. A recent study, commissioned by DCA, reveals an annual economic impact of $5.6 billion.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 6/7/2018 Arts Commission - Regular Meeting
- 6/8/2018 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
- 6/12/2018 New Mexico Music Commission
- 6/14/2018 Board of Directors of the National Hispanic Cultural Center
- 7/19/2018 Board of Directors of the NMMSH-ISHF
Latest Press Releases
- 5/25/2018 How to Think like Leonardo da Vinci Author Michael Gelb Launches Lecture Series: The Brain: Its More Than You Think
- 5/23/2018 Final Event Schedule Bosque Redondo Memorial Commemoration of 150th Anniversary of the Navajo Treaty of 1868
- 5/22/2018 Rubensteins Critical Mass featured in upcoming Atomic Histories Exhibition
- 5/21/2018 Hummingbird Music Camp Free Summer Saturday Serenade at Jemez Historic Site
- 5/16/2018 State Museums & Historic Sites Offer Free Admission to Active Duty Military & Their Families This Summer
SECOND NOTICE OF EXTENSION OF WRITTEN COMMENT DEADLINE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents and the Department of Cultural Affairs are extending the deadline for submitting written comments on the proposed repeal and replacement of 4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum, until Thursday, November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Hearing Exhibits To Date (4/10/18)
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Footwear is evocative. It tells us about belonging, love, and social aspiration, reflecting the lives of makers and
Extraordinary how a small glass bead from the island of Murano (Venice, Italy) or the mountains of Bohemia (Czech
Telling New Mexico: Stories from Then and Now, the main exhibition of the New Mexico History Museum, sweeps across more