The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 4/5/2019 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
- 4/9/2019 New Mexico Music Commission
- 4/26/2019 Board of Directors of the NMMSH -Governor's Commission
- 4/29/2019 New Mexico State Library Commission
- 5/2/2019 Arts Commission - Planning & Budget Committee Meeting
Latest Press Releases
- 3/22/2019 The Brothers Chongo: A Tragic Comedy in Two Parts
- 3/21/2019 Yokai: Ghosts and Demons of Japan
- 3/20/2019 The Mid-Century Santa Fe Collaboration Presents: 2019 Student Art and Design Competition
- 3/19/2019 Registration Coming Soon for 2019 Young Explorers Summer Camp
- 3/19/2019 Farm & Ranch Museum Director to receive book award
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
A Gathering of Voices celebrates the promised gift of the folk art collection of Judith Espinar and Tom Dillenberg.
Community through Making brings together local and Peruvian artists to explore how art shapes healthy and vibrant
The Museum’s first permanent exhibit takes visitors on an odyssey through 150 generations over 4,000 years of
Before radio and television, when making music at home was the evening’s entertainment and playing the piano was