The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Arts and culture are big business in New Mexico. A recent study, commissioned by DCA, reveals an annual economic impact of $5.6 billion.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 10/27/2017 Board of Directors of the NMMSH -Governor's Commission
- 11/8/2017 New Mexico Music Commission
- 11/9/2017 Arts Commisstion - Annual Meeting
- 11/16/2017 Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
- 11/16/2017 Board of Directors of the NMMSH-ISHF
Latest Press Releases
- 10/16/2017 Mars Geologic Features Get New Mexican and Spanish Names from El Camino Real
- 10/12/2017 New Mexico Dinosaur Fossils Draw Huge Crowds in Japan
- 10/10/2017 Spooky Science! Laser Shows & Family Fun Halloween Afternoon at the NM Museum of Natural History & Science
- 10/9/2017 Explore New Mexicos Ancient Past During International Archaeology Day
- 10/8/2017 Da Vinci--The Genius Exhibition Explores Early Aviation Concepts
Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
Notice is hereby given that the Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents (BOR) and the Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA) will hold a public hearing on Friday, November 17, 2017, at 10:00 A.M. in Room 238, the Old Senate Chambers, of the Bataan Memorial Building, 407 Galisteo Street, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501. The purpose of the hearing is to receive oral and written comments on proposed rule repeals and on a proposed new rule.
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to 15 exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Chinese quilts have received little attention from scholars, collectors, or museums. The examples featured here
Treasures of Devotion/Tesoros de Devoción contains bultos, retablos, and crucifijos dating from the late 1700s
Artist Frank Buffalo Hyde (Onondaga/Nez Perce) believes it is the artist’s responsibility to represent the times