The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Arts and culture are big business in New Mexico. A recent study, commissioned by DCA, reveals an annual economic impact of $5.6 billion.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 12/14/2017 Board of Directors of the National Hispanic Cultural Center
Latest Press Releases
- 12/11/2017 History Museum & Santa Fe Opera presentations recognize New Mexicos Atomic Histories
- 12/6/2017 Natural History Collector: Hunt, Discover, Learn! How-to-book for collectors written by Museum Educator
- 12/6/2017 Art show at Farm & Ranch Museum reveals a lifetime of creativity
- 12/5/2017 Vaderlimulus - 245-Million-year-old Horseshoe Crab Fossil named after Star Wars Darth Vader
- 12/4/2017 OKeeffes Desert Abstraction (Bear Lake) finds forever home at the New Mexico Museum of Art
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to 15 exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
The Museum of Indian Arts & Culture will host a solo exhibition featuring the work of current Living Treasure,
The Mark Naylor and Dale Gunn Gallery of Conscience is an experimental gallery inside the Museum of International
Drawn primarily from the New Mexico Museum of Art’s extensive collection, Horizons shows the wide and dynamic