The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Arts and culture are big business in New Mexico. A recent study, commissioned by DCA, reveals an annual economic impact of $5.6 billion.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 12/4/2017 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
- 12/14/2017 Board of Directors of the National Hispanic Cultural Center
Latest Press Releases
- 11/21/2017 Young Explorers: Winter Camps for School Age Campers at the Museum of Natural History & Science
- 11/19/2017 The Land That Enchants Me So Opens March 2, 2018 at New Mexico History Museum
- 11/16/2017 Three New Exhibitions open at newly-refurbished Museum of Art
- 11/12/2017 New Mexico Museum of Art 100th Birthday Event November 25, 2017
- 11/10/2017 Dream Big Day: Inspiring Tomorrows Engineers at New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science
Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
Notice is hereby given that the Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents (BOR) and the Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA) will hold a public hearing on Friday, November 17, 2017, at 10:00 A.M. in Room 238, the Old Senate Chambers, of the Bataan Memorial Building, 407 Galisteo Street, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501. The purpose of the hearing is to receive oral and written comments on proposed rule repeals and on a proposed new rule.
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to 15 exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Now 400 years old, Santa Fe was once an infant city on the remote frontier. Santa Fe Found: Fragments of Time, on
Chinese quilts have received little attention from scholars, collectors, or museums. The examples featured here
At a time when concerts and gatherings on the West Coast gave birth to 1967’s infamous “Summer of