The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Arts and culture are big business in New Mexico. A recent study, commissioned by DCA, reveals an annual economic impact of $5.6 billion.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 7/19/2018 Board of Directors of the NMMSH-ISHF
- 7/20/2018 Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
- 7/20/2018 New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science Board of Trustees
- 7/27/2018 Board of Directors of the NMMSH -Governor's Commission
- 8/10/2018 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
Latest Press Releases
- 6/22/2018 Da Vinci & Earth Science the Focus of Museums July 6 Monthly First Friday
- 6/21/2018 Tour the Asteroid Belt at Museum during International Asteroid Day
- 6/20/2018 Summer Fun at New Mexico Lincoln & Fort Stanton Historic Sites
- 6/18/2018 New Mexico State Library Collections Closed to the Public for Six Weeks July 2
- 6/15/2018 Santa Fes Museum Hill to close at Noon Thursday, July 19 For Special Event
SECOND NOTICE OF EXTENSION OF WRITTEN COMMENT DEADLINE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents and the Department of Cultural Affairs are extending the deadline for submitting written comments on the proposed repeal and replacement of 4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum, until Thursday, November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Hearing Exhibits To Date (4/10/18)
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
The Buchsbaum Gallery features each of the Pueblos of New Mexico and Arizona in a selection of pieces that represent
A Survey across the late artist’s rich career, drawn primarily from the New Mexico Museum of Art’s
Will Rogers noted that Fred Harvey “kept the West in food—and wives.” But the company’s Harvey