The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Online exhibitions and digital resources from the Department of Cultural Affairs, including online collections, databases, and educational materials.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 4/26/2019 Board of Directors of the NMMSH -Governor's Commission
- 4/29/2019 New Mexico State Library Commission
- 5/2/2019 Arts Commission - Planning & Budget Committee Meeting
- 5/16/2019 Board of Directors of the NMMSH-ISHF
- 5/17/2019 New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science Board of Trustees
Latest Press Releases
- 4/17/2019 Museum Exhibitions Held Over: Drugs: Costs and Consequences & Brain: The Inside Story
- 4/16/2019 San Ildefonso Pottery, 1600-1930
- 4/16/2019 First Friday Addresses Dangers of Drugs and the Cost to Our Community
- 4/15/2019 Museum Participates Saturday, April 27 in National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- 4/12/2019 Easter Schedule for Museums & Historic Sites, Jemez Historic Site Easter Sunrise Service, Los Luceros Egg Hunt Easter Saturday
See all DCA news in the DCA Media Center
4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum
Below, please find links to the rulemaking record as of November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
- Hearing Exhibits and Public Comments Received to Date (11/01/18)
- Final Rule as approved by SRCA (12/11/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Selections from the Museum’s art collection that show what happens - or what we think happens -
Multiple Visions: A Common Bond has been the destination for well over a million first-time and repeat visitors to the
The Colorado River is a critical source of life in the arid canyons of northern Arizona and southern Utah. Generations
The first artwork ever to be displayed at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum belonged to Robert