The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Arts and culture are big business in New Mexico. A recent study, commissioned by DCA, reveals an annual economic impact of $5.6 billion.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 8/14/2018 New Mexico Music Commission
- 8/17/2018 Board of Directors for the NMFRHM
- 9/20/2018 Board of Directors of the National Hispanic Cultural Center
- 9/20/2018 Board of Directors of the NMMSH-ISHF
- 9/21/2018 Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
Latest Press Releases
- 8/13/2018 Missing & Murdered Indigenous Women Since 1492: Navajo Quilt to be exhibited for a limited time at Museum of International Folk Art
- 8/10/2018 2018 Santa Fe Fiesta Symposium Speakers & Topics Announced
- 8/9/2018 Bead Exchange set for Community Day on Museum Hill Sunday, September 23
- 8/9/2018 Free Family-friendly Fun at Museum Hill Community Day 2018, Sept. 23
- 8/9/2018 Museum of Indian Arts & Culture awarded $460,000 from the National Endowment for the Humanities
SECOND NOTICE OF EXTENSION OF WRITTEN COMMENT DEADLINE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents and the Department of Cultural Affairs are extending the deadline for submitting written comments on the proposed repeal and replacement of 4.51.57 NMAC, Governance of the Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors State History Museum, until Thursday, November 1, 2018.
- Rule Hearing Day 2 Transcript (Posted 5/17/18)
- Rule Hearing Transcript (Posted 4/18/18)
- Comments to Date (Posted 4/12/18)
- Copy of Current Rule
- Hearing Exhibits To Date (4/10/18)
- Second Notice of Extension of Deadline (4/10/18)
- Notice of Continuance of Public Hearing (3/29/18)
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (2/15/18)
- DRAFT Rule (2/15/18)
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Tramp art is the product of industry, a style of woodworking from the late 19th and early 20th centuries that made use
La Ultima Exhibición, curated by Augustine Romero, features visual interpretations of Rudolfo Anaya’s
Drawn primarily from the New Mexico Museum of Art’s extensive collection, Horizons shows the wide and dynamic