The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs preserves, fosters, and interprets New Mexico’s diverse cultural heritage and expression for present and future generations, enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the state.
Find hours, admission prices, directions, and other visiting information for New Mexico's eight state-run museums and seven historic sites.
Arts and culture are big business in New Mexico. A recent study, commissioned by DCA, reveals an annual economic impact of $5.6 billion.
Use this guide to learn more about the unique and engaging exhibitions, events, and programs offered by our incredible state cultural institutions.
The publishing arm of the Department of Cultural Affairs produces high-quality, culturally significant books that showcase the Department's collections and exhibitions.
Upcoming Public Meetings
- 4/10/2018 New Mexico Music Commission
- 4/13/2018 Cultural Properties Review Committee (CPRC)
- 4/27/2018 Board of Directors of the NMMSH -Governor's Commission
- 5/3/2018 Arts Commission - Planning and Budget Committee Meeting
- 5/16/2018 Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents
Latest Press Releases
- 3/19/2018 Wonders on Wheels Mobile Museum to visit Jemez Pueblo & Roundhouse
- 3/17/2018 Paranormal Researchers share stories at Fort Stanton & Lincoln Historic Sites After Dark Events
- 3/14/2018 Da VinciThe Genius in Me: Solutions for a Better Tomorrow
- 3/8/2018 New Mexico Museum of Art Announces Gift of $4 Million Dollars
- 3/2/2018 Upcoming Events Planned at New Mexico Historic Sites
Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Museum of New Mexico Board of Regents (BOR) and the Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA) are proposing to repeal 4.51.57 NMAC, which governs the portal artisans program of the New Mexico Palace of the Governors State History Museum (POG/NMHM), and replace it with a new 4.51.57 NMAC. The BOR and the DCA will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, April 3, 2018, at 10:00 A.M. in Room 238 of the Bataan Memorial Building (Old Senate Chambers), 407 Galisteo Street, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501. The purpose of the hearing is to receive oral and written comments on the proposed rule repeals and on the proposed new rule. Full details are available in the files linked below.
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
The first artwork ever to be displayed at the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum belonged to Robert
Telling New Mexico: Stories from Then and Now, the main exhibition of the New Mexico History Museum, sweeps across more
The Mark Naylor and Dale Gunn Gallery of Conscience is an experimental gallery inside the Museum of International
Da Vinci—The Genius opens at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science in Albuquerque at 9am on