The Department of Cultural Affairs, through its New Mexico Arts division, funds nonprofits and governmental organizations for arts activities in the following discipline areas: performing arts, visual arts, literary arts, media arts, multidisciplinary arts (involving more than one artistic discipline), and interdisciplinary arts (relating two or more artistic disciplines).
We support programs that foster arts education, arts economic development; performing and visual arts, and contemporary and traditional folk arts in New Mexico.
Here are the current categories:
- Arts in Social Service
- Arts Learning in Communities and Schools
- Arts Projects
- Arts Trails
- Colleges, Universities and Government Entities
- Community Arts Development
- Economic and Entrepreneurial Development
- Local Arts Councils and Statewide Service Organizations
- Major Cultural Organizations
- Traditional Folk Arts Projects and Master/Apprenticeships
Federal 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt nonprofit organizations, units of government, schools, colleges, universities, and Indian tribal government entities with offices in New Mexico are eligible to apply. New Mexico based organizations wishing to apply that are not one of the above may enter into a fiscal sponsorship with a nonprofit organization. If using a Fiscal Agent, a formal agreement between the agent and the applicant is required.