Grant Funded NHCC Public Relations and Marketing Officer
Title: Public Relations and Marketing Officer
Salary, schedule, and term: $48,000; full-time; temporary, grant funded position through 2021
Expected start date: March 1, 2021
What does this job do?
This grant funded (12 month) position will be responsible for working and collaborating with the Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA) and NHCC Marketing and Community Engagement teams. The position will develop, implement and document all marketing, community engagement strategies, and press relations by and for the NHCC. A key duty for this position will be to identify ways to individually brand the unique components of NHCC – the Art Museum, Performing Arts, History & Literary Arts, and Educational offerings –while unifying them under a central brand. This position will coordinate and implement a social media strategy for the NHCC with support from the DCA Communications and Marketing team. . The position will support the preparation of public remarks/presentations about or by institution personnel and respond to public information requests and constituent concerns, often based on knowledge regarding otherwise non-public information about social media for the NHCC and policy administration, policy decisions and operations conveyed through institution-leadership. This position will also solicit and implement all advertising at the NHCC, ensure proper sponsor recognition by the NHCC, and support special events that have public and/or community engagement as a core component. The position devotes a substantial amount of time acting in a confidential capacity as it generates information via written and verbal form to the media, constituents and staff, that corresponds with management practices, policies and procedures; thus, the position is confidential.
How is the job done?
Job Assignment #1: Work alongside and collaborate with DCA and NHCC Marketing and Community Engagement Teams, including social media and web design teams, along with multiple stakeholders, when needed.
Job Assignment #2: Develop, implement, and document all marketing, community engagement efforts and press relations by and for the NHCC.
Job Assignment #3: Support the preparation of public remarks or presentations about or by institution personnel, and response efforts, and responses to public information requests and constituent concerns, often based on knowledge regarding otherwise non-public information about policy administration, policy decisions, and operations conveyed through institution-leadership.
Job Assignment #4: Solicit and implement all advertising at the NHCC with special attention to digital advertising, ensure proper sponsor recognition by the NHCC, and support special events that have public and/or community engagement as a core component.
Who is the job done for? The staff, public, constituents, DCA, volunteers and docents, etc.
- Five (5) years professional level experience operating within the parameters and guidelines directly related to the purpose of the position. Any combination of education from an accredited college or university and/or direct experience in a relevant occupation totaling nine (9) years may substitute for the required experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Publications, Communications and/or related filed.
- Collaborative, positive, enthusiastic, able to manage multiple deadlines and events,
- Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish and English
- Experience working with web designer, webmaster, WordPress, and social media platforms
- Experience in Digital Marketing
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Willingness to learn new things
- Ability to create unified branding
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience working with Spanish-language media in the U.S.
- Resources to work from home including phone, computer, and internet connection
- Valid NM driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Abide by DCA and State of NM Covid-Safe practices
- Ability to telework with understanding that it may change due to public health orders
- Abide by all DCA/NHCC policies and procedures.
This position will work from home, with the understanding that this may change based on public health orders. Working from home requires computer, phone, and internet connection along with use of email, video conferencing applications to communicate with staff and stakeholders. Candidate will follow work from home protocols.
When, and if, this position returns to the office, it will involve extensive use of computers, email, phones, copiers, meetings with staff, board meetings, marketing meetings, and walking to all venues throughout campus.
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter by 5:00 pm on Monday, February 15, 2021 to email@example.com
Name: Alberto Cuessy, Deputy Director
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 505-238-2695