Governors Awards for Excellence in the Arts exhibition
On display through Dec 15, 2017 at the New Mexico Museum of Art
The Governor’s Awards for Excellence in the Arts were established in 1974 by Governor Bruce King and First Lady Alice King to celebrate the significant roles – both economic and cultural – that artists, craftspeople and arts supporters play in the life of New Mexico.
- Bayou Seco of Silver City, Artists, Music: Ken Keppeler and Jeanie McLerie
- William deBuys of El Valle, Artist, Writing/Literature
- Gustavo Victor Goler of Taos, Artist, Master Santero/Spanish Colonial Bultos and Retablos
- Russell Sanchez of San Ildefonso Pueblo, Artist, Pottery
- Will Wilson (Diné), Photographer
- Helen R. Lucero of Albuquerque, Major Contributor to the Arts
- Roswell Artist-in-Residence Program of Roswell, Major Contributor to the Arts
Also on exhibit at the New Mexico Museum of Art
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Featured DCA Exhibitions
This exhibition explores the new directions taken by current Peruvian folk artists during the recent decades of social
Some objects are purely utilitarian in nature, with no real aesthetic appeal. At the other end of the spectrum are
The Mark Naylor and Dale Gunn Gallery of Conscience is an experimental gallery inside the Museum of International